I've been working on my personal mission statement lately. In doing so, I was challenged by a colleague (who has actually been coaching me for the past year) to develop statements of personal Purpose, Vision, Mission, and Values. As with most things with me, this is a work-in-progress, but here's what I've come up with. Feedback welcomed.
Purpose: Why am I in this world?
With Jesus as the subject, I exist to serve others by Awakening Passion.
Vision: What do I see happening in the future when I live into my purpose?
People engaged in living out their passions.
Mission: What do I do, or will I do, to make my vision become a reality, which is consistent with my purpose?
· * Transform people’s lives by awakening the God dream inside of them so they live & serve according to their passions.
· * Build and transform churches, and other organizations, to live & serve according to their passions.
· * Be the best husband and father I can be to awaken my family members to the God dream inside of them.
· * To live awakened to the God dream inside of me.
Values: What’s important in the way I live, or show up in the world, as I live into my purpose and my mission?
· * Dream big dreams
· * Invest in key relationships
· * Be fully present
· * Keep learning & sharing
· * Experiment with new methods
· * Life is an adventure to be experienced